Like many other county seats in Texas, Fairfield is situated near the center of its county, which Is Freestone. Fairfield lies alongside Interstate 45; Dallas is less than 90 miles to the north and Houston is about 150 miles to the south. When the people of Fairfield, TX need roofing services for their home or business, they know that Alpha Roofing will provide them with quality work. Our services include the installation of metal roofs, asphalt shingles, commercial roofs, siding, gutters and skylights as well as roof repairs, roof inspections and chimney repairs. We also offer metal fabrication, attic insulation and maintenance plans.
Fairfield, TX | The History
Although settlers began arriving in the area during the 1830s, Fairfield was not officially founded until 1850 when the site was selected as the seat of Freestone County. The land on which the town would be built was 100 acres donated by an area resident. The availability of timber, rich farmland and abundant water drew settlers, and by the end of 1852, Fairfield had two hotels, a jail and four stores. The population exceeded 600 by 1860.
In 1870, Fairfield’s population was approximately 800, but by 1880, it had fallen to approximately 350 people. The town experienced some turbulent times during Reconstruction, and at one point, martial law was imposed throughout Freestone County. The town rebounded, however, and the population increased to about 500 people by 1890.
During the early 1900s, the town suffered several setbacks. The central district was heavily damaged by a tornado in 1902, the cotton crop was lost to the boll weevil the following year, and several businesses were lost to a fire in 1911. One of the most serious blows came around 1906. The Trinity and Brazos Valley routed its track 10 miles away, bypassing Fairfield. The town never managed to acquire a railroad, depriving it of an important economic stimulus. Fairfield did not have water and sewer lines until 1933, and it would be 1954 before the town’s public library was built.
Today, Fairfield Lake State Park is a popular destination for campers, backpackers, boaters and other outdoor enthusiasts, and it also contributes to the city’s economic base. Fairfield is home to more than 2,900 people.
Roofing Services in Fairfield
Fairfield supports a diverse group of industries, including the energy, retail, health services, insurance, dining, lodging and recreational industries. Alpha Roofing offers its services to homeowners as well as churches, restaurants, motels, manufacturing facilities, grocery stores, banks, shops and offices in the Fairfield area.
• Residential Roofing Fairfield, TX: Residential services include hail and wind damage inspections, roof repairs, chimney repairs and the installation of siding, gutters, skylights and attic insulation.
• Commercial Roofing Fairfield, TX: Commercial services include flat roof replacement as well as metal fabrication to create roof accessories.
• Roof Repair Fairfield, TX: If a roof is leaking or a leak is imminent, an emergency roof repair can help prevent additional damage and potentially costly repairs.
• Metal Roof Installation Fairfield, TX: A metal roof installation should only be performed by experienced contractors who are familiar with the specific system.
• Roofing Maintenance Plans Fairfield, TX: Professional roofers can handle the preventive maintenance that is needed to prolong the life of the roof and to help avoid major repairs.
Alpha Roofing offers an extensive range of commercial and residential roofing services to property owners in the Fairfield, TX area. We have an exemplary reputation and impeccable references. Our services include replacement roofs for commercial buildings, the installation of asphalt shingles and metal roofing systems, emergency roof repairs, flashing repairs and installation, siding and gutter installations, chimney repairs, attic insulation, metal fabrication and maintenance plans. Requesting a free quote is as simple as submitting the handy online form or calling 512-777-1086.