A location that is just 32 miles from San Antonio and 48 miles from Austin — two of the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the country — has helped make New Braunfels one of the fastest-growing cities in Texas. The seat of Comal County, New Braunfels is known for the availability of outdoor recreational opportunities, its artesian springs and its German influences. It is also the home of one of the world’s shortest rivers, the 3-mile long Comal River that winds through the town before reaching the Guadalupe River. As a vibrant, growing town, New Braunfels, TX continues to attract new business enterprises and residents, and when they need roofing services, they often rely on Alpha Roofing. At Alpha Roofing, we offer an extensive selection of services, including commercial roof replacements, emergency roof repairs, the installation of metal roofing systems, metal fabrication, the installation of asphalt shingles, preventive maintenance plans, the installation of siding and gutters, inspections to evaluate storm damage, moss and debris removal, the installation of attic insulation and chimney repairs.
New Braunfels, TX | The History
When Prince Carl of Solms-Braunfels led a party of German settlers to Texas in early 1845, the planned location for the colony was not the area surrounding New Braunfels. However, the overland journey was taking longer than expected, and since there was insufficient time left to complete the journey, construct houses and harvest a crop before the onset of winter, the party halted beside Comal Creek. The decision was made to purchase 1,265 acres of land for the colony from the Garza family at a price of $1,111. A town square, 342 lots and surrounding farmlands were quickly platted, a stockade was constructed and Prince Solms named the new town in honor of his estate in Germany.
Many of the newly arrived immigrants brought their business acumen as well as their artisanal skills to their new homeland. They wasted no time in founding the craft shops, stores and millworks that quickly established New Braunfels as the center of commerce in an area devoted primarily to agriculture. By 1850, it was the fourth-largest town in the state, trailing only Houston, Galveston and San Antonio. By 1855, New Braunfels had become an important manufacturing center, supplying farm implements, clothing, wagons, furniture and leather goods to settlers in the surrounding area. Some goods produced in New Braunfels were sold in markets as distant as New York, New Orleans and Nassau.
By 1900, New Braunfels had a population approaching 2,100, two railroads providing passenger and freight service, telephone lines and electric streetlights as well as several textile factories, plants for processing construction materials and flour mills. Despite the Great Depression, the devastation caused by the boll weevil, two world wars and various shifts in the national economy, the population of New Braunfels showed an increase during every decade in the 20th century. In 2000, there were almost 36,500 people residing in New Braunfels. By 2010, the population had exceeded 57,700, and 2016 estimates placed the population at approximately 73,950 people.
Throughout the 20th century, tourism became increasingly important to the economy of New Braunfels. Visitors flock to the area to enjoy water sports on Canyon Lake and the Guadalupe River, attend German-heritage celebrations such as Wurstfest, visit the Natural Bridge Caverns or take in the area’s history. However, the city’s economic base is very diverse. The manufacturing, health care, finance, professional services, advertising, communications and retail industries contribute significantly to the local economy. Restaurants, hotels and motels, stores, apartment complexes, churches, banks, museums, warehouses and entertainment venues are just some of the businesses in New Braunfels served by Alpha Roofing.
• Residential Roofing New Braunfels, TX: At Alpha Roofing, we are often asked to conduct a roof inspection following a hailstorm or high-wind event. Roof repairs and chimney repairs are also common. In addition, we receive numerous requests to install new siding, asphalt shingles and gutters.
• Commercial Roofing New Braunfels, TX: Most commercial buildings in New Braunfels are constructed with low-slope or flat roofs, so replacing a built-up roof is a common request. As we operate a metal fabrication facility, we also receive requests to produce custom accessories, including trims, gutters and vents.
• Roof Repair New Braunfels, TX: Water stains on interior walls or ceilings, damp attic insulation or puddles of water on the floor, counter, table or shelf are just a few signs of a leaking roof. The longer that the leak continues, the more damage the water will cause.
• Metal Roof Installation New Braunfels, TX: A professionally installed metal roof can last 50 years or more with virtually no maintenance or repairs. If the installation is faulty, however, the roof may leak, appear unattractive or fail to reach its expected life.
• Roofing Maintenance Plans New Braunfels, TX: Whether it is a car or a roof, the key to a trouble-free, long life is proper preventive maintenance. Maintenance plans ensure that a roof receives regular inspections so that small issues can be corrected before they worsen.
Alpha Roofing is a residential and commercial roofing contractor servicing New Braunfels, TX. We are a well-established company with excellent references and an outstanding reputation. We take pride in our workmanship, professionalism and customer service. Our services include installing asphalt shingles, metal roofing systems, skylights, built-up roofing systems, gutters, siding, flashing and attic insulation; repairing roofs, flashing and chimneys; removing debris and moss from roofs; fabricating custom metal roofing accessories; providing emergency roof repairs; and inspecting roofs for damage caused by severe weather, impacts or other events. We also offer preventive maintenance plans. If you would like to receive a free, no-obligation quote, fill out the online form or call 512-777-1086.