Downtown Bastrop is one of the state’s most historic areas, but it also encompasses a robust art scene, restaurants that are not part of a national chain, unusual boutiques and venues for residents and visitors to enjoy live music. Bastrop’s ability to protect its past while embracing modern trends is an important part of the city’s success. When residential and commercial property owners in Bastrop need roofing services, they frequently ask Alpha Roofing to install asphalt shingles, replace built-up roofs, install metal roofs, make roof repairs, fabricate custom metal accessories for their roofs, repair their chimneys, conduct inspections on roofs damaged by severe weather, install siding, remove moss and debris, provide a maintenance plan, or repair flashing.
Bastrop, TX | The History
In 1804, Spanish soldiers constructed a fort at the present site of Bastrop, but the fort was soon abandoned. In 1823, a man calling himself the Baron de Bastrop was granted permission to establish a Germany colony on the site, but the colony never materialized. However, he was a longtime friend of Stephen F. Austin and helped smooth the way for Austin to receive permission to settle 100 families on the site. Austin’s grant was approved in 1827, which was the same year that the Baron de Bastrop died. Austin named the settlement Bastrop to honor his friend. Interestingly, the Baron de Bastrop was actually a commoner who was wanted for embezzlement in the Netherlands. Fleeing his home country, he made his way to Louisiana; after the Louisiana Purchase, he moved to Texas.
In 1832, the town of Bastrop was officially platted. Two years later, the Mexican government changed the town’s name to Mina as a tribute to a hero of the Mexican War of Independence. After Texas won its independence from Mexico, the town’s original name was restored, and Bastrop was officially incorporated in 1837. Bastrop County was created in 1837 as well, and since Bastrop was the only town in the county, it automatically became the county seat.
Bastrop grew slowly throughout the 19th century and most of the 20th century. In 1860, there were barely 1,100 people living in Bastrop, and in 1890, there were slightly more than 1,600. In 1900, the population exceeded 2,000 for the first time, but it declined by 1910, never breaking 2,000 again until 1950. In 1970, Bastrop had approximately 3,100 residents, but Austin’s expansion helped Bastrop’s population grow. Growth has not been spectacular, but it has been steady, and the current population is estimated at more than 8,500.
Roofing Services in Bastrop
Bastrop has a diverse economic base that includes companies representing the manufacturing, agribusiness, recreation, retail, personal services, health care, construction, food service, media, automotive and lodging industries. Alpha Roofing frequently provides services to entertainment venues, manufacturing facilities, restaurants, offices, hospitals and health care providers, apartment complexes, retailers and churches in Bastrop as well as homeowners in the area.
• Residential Roofing in Bastrop, TX includes roof inspections to evaluate damage caused by hail or wind, chimney repairs, siding installation, roof repairs, and the installation of asphalt shingles.
• Commercial Roofing in Bastrop, TX includes metal fabrication to furnish custom items such as trim pieces, roof vents and metal panels, but most requests are for the replacement of a flat roof.
• Roof Repair in Bastrop, TX, and emergency roofing services are needed when there is an active roof leak, but they may also be justified if a roof is in imminent danger of beginning to leak.
• Metal Roof Installation in Bastrop, TX requires the skills of a contractor who has experience installing the particular type of metal roof desired.
• Roofing Maintenance Plans in Bastrop, TX can help take the guesswork out of budgeting for preventive maintenance. Plans typically bundle roof inspections, limited repairs and other services in an economical package.
Alpha Roofing is an award-winning commercial roofing and residential roofing company servicing Bastrop, TX and known for exceptional workmanship and true professionalism. We offer an extensive list of services, including the installation of commercial roofs, metal roofs, asphalt shingles, flashing, siding, and skylights. We also repair chimneys and roofs, offer maintenance programs, conduct roof inspections and have our own facility for metal fabrication. If you need outstanding results at affordable prices, call 512-777-1086 or fill out the online form to receive a free, no-obligation quote.