Since World War II, Killeen has experienced rapid growth, reaching an estimated population of 143,400 in 2016. Supporting a steadily increasing population has required additional housing as well as new businesses to provide residents with their needs. Commercial enterprises and homeowners in Killeen, TX know that they can count on Alpha Roofing for quality work when they need roof repairs, asphalt shingle replacement roofs, metal roofing systems, siding, commercial roof replacements, hail and wind inspections, attic insulation, new gutters or other rooftop services.
Killeen, TX | The History
When the railroads were expanding their routes in Texas during the early 1880s, the Gulf, Colorado and Santa Fe Railway purchased 360 acres to establish a town that the company named Killeen to honor the railroad’s assistant general manager. By 1884, many people from nearby farming communities relocated to Killeen, helping boost the population to approximately 350 people. Until the outbreak of World War II, the population grew slowly, reaching 1,268 in 1940.
In 1942, a military training post was established near Killeen. Originally known as Camp Hood, the post attracted thousands of construction workers, soldiers, laborers and contractors, and Killeen became a boomtown. The population increased to 7,045 by 1950 and 23,377 by 1960. However, Fort Hood changed the area’s economy; farms, ranches and the businesses that served them were dramatically reduced, replaced by businesses to support the military presence.
Today, Fort Hood remains the top employer in Killeen. Other significant employers include the Killeen Independent School District, Metroplex Hospital, the City of Killeen, First National Bank and Killeen Mall.
Roofing Services in Killeen
Killeen is home to a number of industries, including retailers, apartment complexes, religious institutions, manufacturing facilities, health care facilities, educational institutions, office complexes, hotels, restaurants, single-family dwellings and state, federal and local government agencies. At Alpha Roofing, we offer our services to customers in all of these industries. Typically, we are asked to provide the following services in Killeen.
• Residential Roofing in Killeen, TX encompasses the greatest variety of services. These services include roof repairs, inspecting for hail and wind damage, installing siding, repairing chimneys and installing gutter systems.
• Commercial Roofing in Killeen, TX typically involves the replacement of a flat or low-slope roof, usually with a modified bitumen system. This category also includes the fabrication of custom metal accessories, including vents, gutters, panels and trim pieces.
• Roof Repairs in Killeen, TX are always advisable if a roof has developed an active leak. However, if the roof has been damaged to the extent that a leak is imminent, it may also be considered an emergency.
• Metal Roof Installations in Killeen, TX have surged in popularity for both commercial and residential applications. However, to achieve a successful installation, it is important to hire a professional roofer with experience installing the desired roofing system and the equipment to handle the job correctly.
• Roofing Maintenance Plans in Killeen, TX provide customers with a set of preventive maintenance services that help keep the roof in top condition. Issues can be avoided or identified early, and these programs also make it easier to budget accurately for roof maintenance.
If you need superior workmanship at reasonable rates, contact the experts at Alpha Roofing. Alpha Roofing is an award-winning, roofing contractor serving residential and commercial clients in Killeen, TX and throughout Central Texas. Our services include roof, chimney and emergency repairs, and we install asphalt shingles, flat roofs, metal roofs, attic insulation, gutters, flashing, siding and skylights. We also offer metal fabrication, maintenance programs and the removal of moss and debris. We deliver quality work in a professional manner. If you would like to receive a free estimate, you can submit the online quote request or call (512) 777-1086.