One of the five fastest-growing cities in Texas, Leander owes much of its population increase to the expansion of nearby Austin. However, Leander, TX has an interesting history in its own right, a history that covers the town’s evolution from a sleepy agricultural community to a thriving, sophisticated suburb. When residents need the best roofing-related services for their homes and businesses, they turn to Alpha Roofing for new asphalt shingles, metal roofs, commercial roofs, roof repairs, new siding, emergency roof repairs, new gutters, attic insulation, flashing repair and skylight installation.
Leander, TX – The History
Paleo-Indians inhabited the area around Leander up to 13,000 years ago. Proof of their presence was discovered in 1983 when a Texas Department of Transportation work crew stumbled upon a prehistoric burial site. The skeleton unearthed was nicknamed Leanne, the Leanderthal Lady, and her bones have been proven to be between 10,000 and 13,000 years old.
Many centuries after Leanne lived and died, settlers began arriving in the area. Most of the early settlers had received land grants for their service during the Texas Revolution. In the early 1840s, they formed a community that they named Bagdad, attracting numerous businesses and additional settlers during the next three decades. A stopping point on the stage line connecting Austin and Lampasas, Bagdad had two blacksmith shops, a hotel, multiple general stores, a school and an assortment of churches by the end of the 1870s.
During the 1880s, the railroad announced plans to lay tracks through the downtown area of Bagdad. When Bagdad’s citizens objected, the track was built one mile away. In 1882, the railroad sold lots to establish Leander. It did not take the citizens of Bagdad long to realize that having their businesses located near the tracks would be advantageous, so they began moving their homes and businesses. By 1900, Bagdad had become a virtual ghost town; over time, it began to be included as a part of Leander.
For many years, the population of Leander varied from slightly less than 300 to slightly more than 300. However, the Depression dealt a severe blow to Leander, and during those years, the population fell to approximately 200 people. It would not rebound to 300 people until the 1950s. When Leander was finally incorporated in 1978, there were fewer than 2,200 residents in the town. By 2000, Leander had a population of less than 7,600, but within a decade, the population had exceeded 26,500. The 2016 census estimates placed the population at more than 42,700.
Roofing Services in Leander
Because Leander is a growing city, a variety of industries have moved into the area. At Alpha Roofing, we offer our services to virtually every industry as well as area homeowners. We frequently handle roofing jobs for public and private schools, banks, apartment complexes, government offices, health care providers, restaurants, boutiques, motels, shopping centers, office parks and entertainment venues. Some of the services commonly requested in Leander are listed below.
• Residential Roofing in Leander, TX includes roof and chimney repairs, the installation of new siding, roof inspections following a hail or wind event and the installation of new gutters.
• Commercial Roofing in Leander, TX are typically requests for the repair or replacement of a flat roof. However, the category also includes metal fabrication to furnish custom gutters or roof vents.
• Roof Repairs in Leander, TX are needed when a roof is leaking or when the roof has suffered sufficient damage that a leak is likely within a short time.
• Metal Roof Installations in Leander, TX has become more common for both commercial and residential structures. However, to obtain the maximum life and prevent problems, metal roofs should only be installed by experienced contractors possessing the necessary equipment to do the job correctly.
• Roofing Maintenance Plans in Leander, TX offers an excellent way to ensure that your roof receives the proper maintenance to maximize its life. These plans are surprisingly affordable and feature such services as regular inspections and debris removal; they can also include the removal of tree branches that are endangering the roof and replacement shingles.
Alpha Roofing is an award-winning residential and commercial roofing contractor servicing Leander, TX. We are a highly regarded company with a reputation for superior workmanship and professional service. Our extensive range of services includes flat roof replacement, metal roof installation, asphalt shingle replacement, flashing installation and repair, roof repairs, gutter installation, siding installation, emergency roof repairs, roof inspections, attic insulation, skylight installation, metal fabrication, moss and debris removal, maintenance plans and storm damage evaluations. You can request a free, no-obligation estimate by submitting our online form or calling our office at (512) 777-1086.