Texas roofing materials take a beating while they are protecting your home. Your roof can be exposed to scorching temperatures, high humidity levels, sudden thunderstorms and abundant levels of UV rays in the summer. Spring and early summer months often bring hail that can be as small as a dime or as large as a softball. The late summer months may feature hurricanes that make landfall along the Texas coast and may trigger downpours and high winds far inland. Whether you need an emergency roof repair to fix storm damage or need to replace an aged roof, you may not be confident that you know how to find the right roof company in your area. Hiring the wrong roofing contractor can lead to costly problems down the road. The following tips can help you locate the best roofer for your needs.
How to Find the Best Roofers in Your Area
How Can Homeowners Find the Best Roofing Company in Their Area?
Whether you need your roof repaired or replaced, take the time to do a little homework. Have some idea of the roofing services that you need so that you can concentrate on roofing companies that offer those services. For example, if you are determined to replace your asphalt shingles with a metal roofing system, you want a contractor who knows the complexities involved with the installation of a metal roof. If you are not sure whether you want shingles or a metal roof, look for a contractor with extensive experience with both types. Once you have a general idea of what you need the contractor to provide, you are ready to start searching for a match.
• Ask for referrals. If your neighbor has recently had a new roof installed, ask whether he would recommend his contractor. Make inquiries at work, call your relatives and invite your friends. Be sure to ask them what type of work they had done, whether they are satisfied with the work and how they would rate the contractor’s honesty and dependability.
• Choose a roofing company that is known in your area. After virtually every major incident of severe weather, Texas is flooded with gypsy roofers and storm chasers from various states. Most of the time, these roofers are working out of their trucks, carry no liability insurance, have no permanent address and will be in another state as soon as your payment clears. Find a roof company that has been in business under the same name and at the same location for at least three years.
• Insist on a written quote and a written contract. Never sign a contract if it contains blank spaces, and make sure that the contractor gives you a copy of every document you sign.
• Choose a contractor who offers a warranty on his workmanship. Manufacturers guarantee their products against defects, but this warranty does not cover the contractor’s work. Furthermore, if the contractor does not follow the manufacturer’s instructions, the warranty on the materials could be voided.
• Beware of roofing contractors who only offer one or two styles and very few colors. Reputable Austin residential roofing contractors, for example, have access to asphalt shingles in several different styles and a wide range of colors. The same is true for metal roofing systems.
• Carefully research your roofing contractor. Check with the Better Business Bureau, call the references he provides and look at his website. Insist that he provide you with proof of his workers’ compensation and liability insurance; call his insurance carrier to verify that the policies are valid. Search online for the company and the contractor to see if you can locate any relevant reviews or forums.
Alpha Roofing is a roofing company in Austin, Tx and proud of its reputation as a trustworthy, customer-oriented, honest provider of exemplary roofing services. We install asphalt shingles, metal roofing systems, flat roofs, skylights, wood siding,and flashing. We also offer roof repairs, preventive maintenance programs, and chimney repairs. To request a free estimate, simply call us at 512-777-1086 or use the online form to send us your information.