In the world of fashion, trends change frequently. Bell bottoms become popular, fade into obscurity, and resurface years later as the latest trend. Wide lapels give way to narrow ones, jeans go from baggy to skinny, and fluorescent colors yield to muted pastels. Every roof company that has been in business for more than a few years knows that roofing trends also change. Here are a few of the trends you can expect to see in Central Texas during 2020.
Top 2020 Roofing Trends in Central Texas
1. Dark colors will become less popular. You will still be able to find asphalt shingles and metal roofs in dark brown, black, or dark gray, but expect to see more homeowners choose lighter colors for a roof replacement. Brighter colors can help reduce the cost of energy to cool the interior spaces, and this is good for your pocketbook as well as the environment. When roofing Austin homes, more contractors are discovering that homeowners are choosing soft shades of green and blue as well as taupe, beige, and other neutrals.
2. The demand for metal roofing has increased annually over the last few years, and this trend will continue in 2020. Metal roofs can help lower cooling bills, but they also have an extremely long life. Because they are now available in so many styles and colors, it has become easier than ever to find a metal roof that is suitable for any type of architecture. However, you want to hire a licensed roof contractor with experience installing metal roofs; they require skills and tools that not every roof company possesses.
3. When choosing a new roof for an extension or designing a custom home, an increasing number of people are opting for a flat roof, especially over their garages or patios. Flat roofs are economical, and they can double as a balcony or elevated deck.
4. Skylights are far from new, but their popularity will continue to grow throughout 2020. Skylights can reduce the need for artificial lighting, lowering utility bills. They increase the amount of natural light in the room, a feature that many people appreciate. Although kitchens have been a common site for skylights, expect to see more skylights installed in bedrooms, entry halls, and bathrooms.
5. Asphalt shingles, especially the architectural styles, will remain in high demand in 2020. Asphalt shingles are sturdy, affordable, and available in a wide range of colors. Tranquil hues and neutral colors will increase in popularity, but weathered wood, coffee brown, and weathered gray will still be available. More homeowners will also turn to custom shingles to add a unique touch that differentiates their homes from those of their neighbors.
6. To protect their investment in roofing, Austin homeowners will increasingly turn to a preventive maintenance program offered by a licensed roof contractor. The plans vary by company, but they typically include free roof inspections, including damage inspections after severe storms. Some plans also include trimming overhanging tree limbs, minor repairs, or priority emergency services.
To learn more, contact the experts at Alpha Roofing. We are one of the most respected roofing companies in Central Texas. We built our impeccable reputation by consistently delivering high-quality work and outstanding customer service at reasonable prices. Our services include installing asphalt shingles, metal roofing systems, gutters, attic insulation, flat roofs, and skylights, and we also repair chimneys, roofs, and flashing. Also, we offer free roof inspections and economical preventive maintenance plans. You can call 512-777-1086 or submit the online form to request a free quote.