When it comes to the exterior of their homes, people can have vastly different goals. Some people want their exteriors to have a traditional appearance featuring subdued colors. At the other end of the spectrum, some homeowners want to make a bold statement and combine vivid colors with a mixture of siding designs. In between are the people who want something a little different without feeling that their homes do not “fit” well with other houses in their neighborhoods. The good news is that all three groups of homeowners can achieve precisely the look they want with James Hardie’s fiber cement siding.
What Is Fiber Cement Siding?
Fiber cement siding is composed of cellulose fibers, cement and sand. It was originally developed around the turn of the 20th century. However, most of these early products had an asbestos content of up to 10 percent. During the 1980s, James Hardie Building Products revolutionized fiber cement technology and began producing a wide variety of fiber cement siding that did not require the use of asbestos to strengthen the siding.
Fiber cement siding is fire-resistant, is not susceptible to rot or insect damage, offers excellent resistance to impacts and requires little maintenance. Thanks to James Hardie Building Products, it is available in a wide range of colors and styles. Homeowners who want something truly special can mix and match styles and colors, combining HardieShingle siding to accent a gable with the classic look of lap siding or choosing different colors of siding for the first and second floors.
Ideas for Creating a Unique Look
With fiber cement siding, the possibilities are limited only by your creativity. There
are so many ways to use the different designs and colors to create your own unique look that it would be impossible to list them all. Here are just a few of the possibilities.
• If you want a rustic look, consider lap siding with a wood-grain texture in colors such as golden yellow, cherry or cedar.
• Highlight architectural features with vertical siding for a board-and-batten look or use vertical siding to suggest the simplicity of a farmhouse.
• Shingle siding works well with cottage-style and Cape Cod architecture. It can also be used to highlight or accent architectural features.
• James Hardie’s Artisan Collection is ideal for creating a sense of historical accuracy or providing an image of luxury for a modern home.
• Trim boards are an excellent way to add colors. They may be used as a contrast to the primary color or to make a bold fashion statement. Use them to accentuate windows, doors, columns, corners or any other feature that you would like to showcase.
• Choose earthy colors for a grounded look that will withstand the test of time. For a look with a Southwestern flavor, combine colors such as aquamarine and terra cotta. Give your home a natural feel with colors like mountain sage, chestnut brown, pine and gold.
Regardless of the look you desire, fiber cement siding can help you achieve it. Perhaps most importantly, you will need to spend less time maintaining your siding, leaving you more time to enjoy your home.
If you would like to learn more about James Hardie fiber cement siding, contact the experts at Alpha Roofing Industries. We offer a wide variety of services, including siding installation, metal roof installation, asphalt shingle installation, roof repairs, and skylights. We are committed to exceeding the expectations of our customers and have earned an exceptional reputation for the quality of our work as well as our outstanding customer service. If you would like more information about Fiber Cement Defines Your Exterior request a free quote by calling (512) 777-1086 or completing the online form.
See Recent FAQ’s Below-